Subject: bug#35204: 27.0.50; Crash on Cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:11:12 +0300

> Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 08:02:33 +0900
> From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> >   (gdb) thread 1
> >   (gdb) bt
> 
> The result is in the first attachment, and
> 
> > And please separately do also this:
> 
> >   (gdb) info threads
> 
> that of it is in the second attachment.
> 
> > and post the results.

It's strange.  Looks like there's a bug in your GDB, because it dumps
core in this case.  I also don't understand why the backtrace ends in
the exception handler, it sounds like GDB is not given the first
opportunity to handle an exception, as it should?  Maybe try upgrading
to GDB 8.2, if its Cygwin port is available?

Ken, could you please chime in?  It is strange that this problem only
affects the Cygwin build, and no other bug report points to that
change from other GTK builds, including not from other Cygwin users.
So it sounds like a Cygwin problem, perhaps triggered by something on
Yamaoka-san's machine, but the fact that GDB crashes doesn't allow any
reasonable way of investigating the problem past the exception
handler.  I don't know what to do next.