Subject: bug#35197: 27.0.50; type error when starting gnus

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 11:48:30 -0400

When starting gnus after creating a new gmail label, I get this error

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument vectorp #<hash-table equal 337/4000 0x155611c6ccfd>)
  intern-soft("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Spam" #<hash-table equal 337/4000 0x155611c6ccfd>)
  nnimap-update-info(("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Spam" 6 ((1 . 9406) 9415 (9419 . 9423) (9426 . 9427) 9433 (9439 . 9453) (9455 . 9577) 9579 9581 (9585 . 9645) 9647 (9651 . 9660) (9664 . 9690) (9692 . 9701) (9703 . 9921) (9925 . 9926) (9929 . 9973) (9975 . 9983) (9985 . 9994) 9997 (9999 . 10036) (10042 . 10146) 10149 (10152 . 10155) 10174 (10185 . 10188) 10191 (10195 . 10200) (10202 . 10203) 10205 10207 10209 10211 10222 10228 10232 10236 (10240 . 10242) (10247 . 10249) (10258 . 10259) (10263 . 10265) (10267 . 10268) (10270 . 10273) 10279 10283 (10287 . 10289) 10292 10296 10299 10302 ...) ((expire 10699 . 10700) (reply 17766) (unexist (1 . 9228) 9233 9242 9253 9302) (seen 5993 (5995 . 6001) 6003 6005 (6007 . 6009) (6012 . 6015) (6018 . 6020) (6033 . 6055) (6057 . 6060) (6062 . 6065) 6067 (6069 . 6080) (6083 . 6084) 6087 6092 (6094 . 6103) (6105 . 6109))) "nnimap:gmail" ((modseq . "15789984") (uidvalidity . "7") (active 1 . 23637) (timestamp 19654 65481) (permanent-flags %Answered %Flagged %Draft %Deleted %Seen %*))) ((23537 23538 23539 23540 23541 23542 23543 23544 23545 23546 23547 23548 23549 23551 23552 23553 23554 23555 23556 23557 23558 23559 23560 23561 23562 23563 23564 23565 23566 23567 23568 23569 23570 23571 23572 23573 23574 23575 23576 23577 23578 23579 23580 23581 23582 23583 23584 23585 23586 23587 ...) ((%Seen 23541 23549 23555 23558 23566 23567 23568 23571 23584 23611 23616 23617 23635 23636 23639) ($Phishing 23545 23577 23602 23642)) 23650 23537 23651 23537 not-scanned "7" nil "15820857"))
  nnimap-update-infos((("[Gmail]/Spam" ... ... 23650 23537 23651 23537 not-scanned "7" nil "15820857") ("[Gmail]/All Mail" ... ... 307677 307238 307678 307238 not-scanned "1" nil "15820857") ...) (("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]..." 6 ... ... "nnimap:gmail" ...) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]..." 6 ... ... "nnimap:gmail" ...) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]..." 6 ... ... "nnimap:gmail" ...) ...))
  nnimap-finish-retrieve-group-infos("gmail" (("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash" 6 (... ... ... ... 39887 ... 39907 39910 ... 39931 39945 ... ... 39968 39970 ... 40007 ... 40019 ... 40034 40039 ... 40061 ... 40077 ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Spam" 6 (... 9415 ... ... 9433 ... ... 9579 9581 ... 9647 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 9997 ... ... 10149 ... 10174 ... ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/All M..." 6 (... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...) (... ... ... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ...) ((865 866 1 "newly-created-gmail-label" "SELECT")))
  gnus-finish-retrieve-group-infos((nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com") (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-stream tls) (nnimap-split-methods nnmail-split-fancy) (nnimap-split-fancy (| ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...)) (nnir-search-engine imap)) (("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash" 6 (... ... ... ... 39887 ... 39907 39910 ... 39931 39945 ... ... 39968 39970 ... 40007 ... 40019 ... 40034 40039 ... 40061 ... 40077 ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Spam" 6 (... 9415 ... ... 9433 ... ... 9579 9581 ... 9647 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 9997 ... ... 10149 ... 10174 ... ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/All M..." 6 (... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...) (... ... ... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ...) ((865 866 1 "newly-created-gmail-label" "SELECT")))
  gnus-read-active-for-groups((nnimap "gmail" (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com") (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-stream tls) (nnimap-split-methods nnmail-split-fancy) (nnimap-split-fancy (| ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...)) (nnir-search-engine imap)) (("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash" 6 (... ... ... ... 39887 ... 39907 39910 ... 39931 39945 ... ... 39968 39970 ... 40007 ... 40019 ... 40034 40039 ... 40061 ... 40077 ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Spam" 6 (... 9415 ... ... 9433 ... ... 9579 9581 ... 9647 ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 9997 ... ... 10149 ... 10174 ... ...) (... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ("nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/All M..." 6 (... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...) (... ... ... ... ... ...) "nnimap:gmail" (... ... ... ... ...)) ...) ((865 866 1 "newly-created-gmail-label" "SELECT")))
  gnus-get-unread-articles(nil nil)
  gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x155611bd97e9>)()
  gnus-1(nil nil nil)
  gnus(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus nil)
  call-interactively(gnus nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.4)
 of 2019-04-07 built on sdsGazPro
Repository revision: e71f1dda1f80feb319d4ce5a69e14d36ec59adfd
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.10

Recent messages:
nnimap read 4k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 9k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 43k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 71k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 104k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 131k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 155k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 181k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
nnimap read 194k from imap.gmail.com (initial sync of 2 groups; please wait)
Entering debugger...

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS
PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 mail-extr emacsbug sendmail
cal-move cal-x cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam cal-julian holidays
hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv cal-iso cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs log-edit
pcvs-util flyspell ispell markdown-mode rx noutline outline view tabify
dabbrev skeleton vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs misearch
multi-isearch tramp-cmds cl-print debug backtrace find-func nndraft nnmh
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap utf-7 gnus-cache
gnus-sum bbdb-gnus gnutls network-stream nsm nntp gnus-group gnus-undo
tramp-cache gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win add-log smerge-mode remember vc-hg
dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-eclim
company-template company-bbdb yasnippet-snippets cl-extra yasnippet
elec-pair flymake-proc flymake warnings company-capf company pcase
help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy edmacro kmacro find-file-in-project
ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt windmove elpy-shell
pyvenv esh-var esh-cmd esh-opt esh-io esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups esh-module esh-mode eshell esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django
s elpy-refactor ido grep compile etags fileloop generator xref project
cus-edit python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time
format-spec comint ansi-color vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher rcirc ring
vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode midnight gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev
bbdb bbdb-site timezone edit-server advice server which-func imenu paren
help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load cl mule-util info package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 730804 46659)
 (symbols 48 29508 1)
 (strings 32 204230 7655)
 (string-bytes 1 5449055)
 (vectors 16 87222)
 (vector-slots 8 1226577 52294)
 (floats 8 1001 574)
 (intervals 56 20512 631)
 (buffers 992 94))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 18.10 (cosmic) X 11.0.12003000
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
http://memri.org https://jihadwatch.org http://camera.org
Whether pronounced "leenooks" or "line-uks", it's better than Windows.