Subject: bug#35192: closed (Re: bug#35192: `current-source-directory' fails when file-name #f)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 04:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35192: `current-source-directory' fails when file-name #f

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35192: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35192
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35192: `current-source-directory' fails when file-name #f
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Alex Sassmannshausen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 13:24:59 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Alex!

Alex Sassmannshausen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> re: /guix/utils.scm:748:
>
> When file-name is #f (e.g. in a geiser repl), the procedure's match
> fails. `assq' returns ('filename . #f).  This is handled in the match
> bodies cond clause, but excluded as possibility by the encapsulating
> match clause.
>
> Alex

Thank you for the fix!  I had the same problem when experimenting at the
REPL, and the comment about Geiser in the code didn't help.

I've pushed this change as commit
b997d43214445462f23947afbbcadf24c6018217.

Closing!

Maxim

Subject: `current-source-directory' fails when file-name #f
From: Alex Sassmannshausen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 14:26:43 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

re: /guix/utils.scm:748:

When file-name is #f (e.g. in a geiser repl), the procedure's match
fails. `assq' returns ('filename . #f).  This is handled in the match
bodies cond clause, but excluded as possibility by the encapsulating
match clause.

Alex