Subject: bug#34157: closed (Re: bug#35181: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35181: Hydra: mozjs-60 builds on x86_64 and i686 seemingly get stuck

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35181: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35181
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35181: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:15:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Heya,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> merge 35181 34157
> thanks

I'm closing this old forgotten issue since we are no longer using
hydra.  Let's focus on our guix deploy/offload and cuirass-related
problems :-).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: Hydra: mozjs-60 builds on x86_64 and i686 seemingly get stuck
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:31:46 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Yesterday on Hydra, I found both Intel mozjs-60 builds seemingly stuck
while exporting the source checkout to hydra.gnunet.org.  One had been
going for ~22.5 hours, and the other for ~12 hours.  I forcefully killed
them and restarted them.  Now I see the same thing has happened on the
second attempt.  Both builds have been seemingly stuck like this for
about 19 hours:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3342528
  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3343511

In both cases, the build logs are empty, and the hydra log ends with:

  sending 1 store item to 'hydra.gnunet.org'...
  exporting path `/gnu/store/j2sz7dg35vkcz38sim71jll2ix1nk554-mozjs-60.2.3-2-checkout'

Of course, it's possible that they're not really stuck, but that they're
merely taking a ridiculously long time to send the source checkout to
the build slave.  My personal checkout of the mozilla-esr60 branch,
without the .hg directory, is about 2.1 gigabytes.

What do you think?

      Mark