Subject: bug#35181: closed (Re: bug#35181: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 13:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35181: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35181: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35181
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35181: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:15:27 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Heya,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> writes:

> merge 35181 34157
> thanks

I'm closing this old forgotten issue since we are no longer using
hydra.  Let's focus on our guix deploy/offload and cuirass-related
problems :-).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: Hydra offloads often get stuck while exporting build requisites
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 12:41:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It has become extremely frequent for builds offloaded by hydra.gnu.org
to its x86 build slave hydra.gnunet.org to get stuck indefinitely while
exporting prerequisites for the build to the build slave.

As I write this, both of hydra.gnunet.org's build slots (one for
x86_64-linux, and one for i686-linux) are stuck in this way.  Here are
the stuck builds:

  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3432052
  https://hydra.gnu.org/build/3432472

and here are the tails of their nix build logs:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
performing build 3432052
these derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/k27i3lkb38gr3mw0mridymhik3qsg6w7-font-fira-sans-4.202.drv
process 14769 acquired build slot '/var/guix/offload/hydra.gnunet.org/1'
load on machine 'hydra.gnunet.org' is 1.54 (normalized: 0.385)
sending 1 store item to 'hydra.gnunet.org'...
exporting path `/gnu/store/gzd2cisahj50nff16p8ji813p683p5r4-font-fira-sans-4.202-checkout'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
performing build 3432472
these derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/5ivay4l7bn0sqsi7k53j4qv3kndrby17-font-google-material-design-icons-3.0.1.drv
process 8985 acquired build slot '/var/guix/offload/hydra.gnunet.org/0'
load on machine 'hydra.gnunet.org' is 1.98 (normalized: 0.99)
sending 1 store item to 'hydra.gnunet.org'...
exporting path `/gnu/store/kaj5xgnz04l4mzgj05sc5v6j7cvpbrrd-font-google-material-design-icons-3.0.1-checkout'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The first of these builds has been stuck for about 10.25 hours, and the
second has been stuck for 11 hours.  In the recent past, I've discovered
them stuck for over 24 hours.

       Mark