Subject: Re: bug#35180: 27.0.50; emacs daemon and “package” often inserts [I when opening file

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 16:50:47 +0300

> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 13:00:11 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked], Han Boetes <[email-masked]>
> 
> On successful startup (where [I is not inserted), I am greeted by the
> "focus in" message.
> 
> On unsuccessful startup (where [I is inserted), the message never
> appears, but term/xterm and xterm are present in features.

By "race" do you mean that xterm writes from more than one thread to
the same descriptor, which is used by Emacs as keyboard input, and the
two inputs mix up into one large mess?  If not, who is racing whom
here?

> Could this race somehow be caused by the pdumper?

One way of finding out would be to build Emacs --with-dumping=unexec.
I'd be surprised if it turned out to be pdumper, but who knows?

Thanks.