Subject: bug#35175: Cannot reconfigure

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2019 20:44:45 +0000

This is not a bug, but your config is wrong here:

  (file-systems
   (cons
    (file-system (device "my-root")
		 (mount-point "/")
		 (type "ext4")
		 (title 'label))
    %base-file-systems))

Delete string  `(title 'label)` and leave like this:

  (file-systems
   (cons
    (file-system (device "my-root")
		 (mount-point "/")
		 (type "ext4"))
    %base-file-systems))

And then try to reconfigure.

April 6, 2019 7:35 PM, "Luther Thompson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> `sudo guix system reconfigure config.scm` fails on Guix commit 177bc62.
> I'm attaching my config.scm. Here is my backtrace:
> 
> ---BEGIN---
> /home/luther/config.scm:40:4: warning: 'title' field is deprecated
> Backtrace:
> In gnu/services.scm:
> 778:26 19 (loop #<<service> type: #<service-type account 1f9fa00>…>)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
> 592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 27edc80…> …))
> 592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type ntp 27ed5a0>…> …))
> 592:17 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type dbus 27ed9b0…> …))
> In gnu/services.scm:
> 778:26 15 (loop #<<service> type: #<service-type dbus 27ed9b0> va…>)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
> 592:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type elogind 27ed…> …))
> 592:17 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type polkit 27ed9…> …))
> In gnu/services.scm:
> 778:26 12 (loop #<<service> type: #<service-type polkit 27ed960> …>)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
> 592:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type elogind 27ed…> …))
> 592:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type colord 27ed0…> …))
> 592:29 9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type cups-pk-help…> …))
> 592:29 8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type accountsserv…> …))
> 592:29 7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type udisks 27ed0…> …))
> 592:29 6 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type network-mana…> …))
> 592:29 5 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type gnome-deskto…> …))
> 592:17 4 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type localed 27ed82…>))
> In gnu/services.scm:
> 778:26 3 (loop #<<service> type: #<service-type localed 27ed820>…>)
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
> 592:17 2 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type gdm 27ed730> v…>))
> In gnu/services.scm:
> 787:37 1 (loop #<<service> type: #<service-type gdm 27ed730> val…>)
> In unknown file:
> 0 (car ())
> 
> ERROR: In procedure car:
> In procedure car: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
> ---END---
> 
> Luther