Subject: bug#35167: About chroot some question on centos6 kernel:

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:56:52 -0600

close 35167
thanks

Hello 往事随风,

往事随风 wrote:
> OS centos6.10
> kernel vmlinuz-2.6.32-754.el6.x86_64
> hello!
> grub-install  in a new disk /mnt/boot;copy /bin/bash and *.so ; chroot /mnt/sysroot is ok!exit and ctrl+d

Sounds like 'chroot' worked correctly in the above sequence.

> use the new disk startup,
> "dracut warning can't mount root filesystemmount :/dev/sda3 already mounted or /sysroot busy
> mount: according to mtab, /dev/sdb3 is already mounted on /mnt/sysroot"
> don't chroot /mnt/sysroot 
> startup ——success
> 
> why?!  I don't now! 

I have no idea either.

This does not look like a bug report for the 'chroot' command from the
GNU Coreutils project however.  It looks like a bug report against
'dracut'.  As such there isn't anything that we can do about it here.
I think that is why no one else of the team responded.  It didn't seem
like anything that anyone here could do anything about.

Also the chroot command line utility is simply a thin wrapper around
the chroot(2) kernel system call.  It does whatever the kernel does.

Therefore I am going to close the bug in our ticket system.  However
please do respond and add any further discussion.  We will see it.  If
something looks like a bug the ticket will be re-opened.

Bob