Subject: Re: bug#35163: 25.1; `narrow-to-region' docstring no mention of args

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 11:46:53 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 14:48:01 +0200, Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]> said:

    Emanuel> Robert Pluim wrote:
    >> Using 'Mail-Copies-To: never' is fine

    Emanuel> I know, but -

    >> as long as you then read the mailing list or the gmane group
    >> for your bugs. (I didnʼt CC you on this reply)

    Emanuel> - except it isn't in this particular case as the followup
    Emanuel> header isn't set correctly IIUC?

Correct.

    Emanuel> Perhaps you or someone else can try using
    Emanuel> gmane.emacs.bugs as well so we'll see if this is a local
    Emanuel> config issue on my part? (Unless we have the same config
    Emanuel> that is :))

I use gmane.emacs.bugs all the time, and donʼt have this problem.

    Emanuel> The one big problem with Gnus and configs is you can't
    Emanuel> really do 'emacs -q' to find out if the problem is with
    Emanuel> you or not, a method that _almost_ always is waterproof
    Emanuel> in all the other parts of the Emacs World where I'm a
    Emanuel> regular.

Yes, thatʼs true. In this case, Iʼd use 'G p', ie
('gnus-topic-edit-parameters') to see if you have any specific
settings for gmane.emacs.bugs. If that doesnʼt turn up anything, then
your .gnus.el and/or .emacs is the next place to look (probably in
posting styles).  As a last resort, look in .newsrc.eld

Robert