Subject: bug#35163: 25.1; `narrow-to-region' docstring no mention of args

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 13:42:16 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 09 Apr 2019 11:55:31 +0200, Emanuel Berg <[email-masked]> said:

    Emanuel> Robert Pluim wrote:
    >> It can be used fine as long as you remember to do a 'wide
    >> reply' , but you should not set 'Mail-Followup-To:
    >> [email-masked]'

    Emanuel> I didn't set that manually, if that's what you mean. I
    Emanuel> don't remember configuring anything that could have
    Emanuel> amounted to that in this situation, but I suppose it
    Emanuel> could have happened just the same.

Itʼs possible that itʼs set in your Gnus group parameters or
similar. Or itʼs an artifact of using gmane.

    >> Basil only replied to the bug report.  Probably because you
    >> also have 'Mail-Copies-To: never' in your headers (which Gnus
    >> respected for this message, but I've added you back in).

    Emanuel> OK, but I don't want mails of things that I get thru the
    Emanuel> newsgroups! So if this issue, the incorrect followups,
    Emanuel> can be, ehem, "addressed", then I'd like to deal with it
    Emanuel> newsgroup-only.  But if it can't without too much effort,
    Emanuel> I can just remember to use mail instead of the newsgroup
    Emanuel> for bugs in particular, no big deal.

Using 'Mail-Copies-To: never' is fine, as long as you then read the
mailing list or the gmane group for your bugs. (I didnʼt CC you on
this reply)

Robert