Subject: 27.0.50; gnus nnimap wrong-type-argument (repeatable)

From: "Christian Herkt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 05:45:10 +0200

Hi,

please help. Command and data are at the end.

Thanx a lot
Christian

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2019-04-02 built on ceesol-e
Repository revision: 03ceee0e6403052f7367efe1159e3663402c8c1e
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Recent messages:
nnimap CHT Solutions splitting mail...done
nnimap read 3k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
nnimap read 37k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
nnimap read 133k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
nnimap read 335k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
nnimap read 449k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
nnimap read 500k from wp10583268.mail.server-he.de (initial sync of 250
groups; please wait)
Entering debugger...
x is undefined
Making completion list... [2 times]

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS
PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug
backtrace help-mode find-func mail-extr gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnfolder utf-7 gnus-cache gnutls
network-stream nsm nntp epa-file advice mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source json subr-x map url-vars gnus-registry registry
eieio-base cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date mail-utils wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib imap rfc2104 utf7 mm-util mail-prsvr format-spec
elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 174916 18364)
 (symbols 48 14475 2)
 (strings 32 42210 2771)
 (string-bytes 1 1410225)
 (vectors 16 20843)
 (vector-slots 8 350968 20396)
 (floats 8 196 242)
 (intervals 56 2247 10)
 (buffers 992 22))

Run command: emacs -Q -l ~/.gnus.el -f gnus yields following backtrace:

*Backtrace*
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument vectorp #<hash-table
equal 251/4000 0x155f105adc89>)
  intern-soft("dkbnetz40" #<hash-table equal 251/4000 0x155f105adc89>)
  nnimap-update-info(("dkbnetz40" 3 nil) ((1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15) ((gnus-forward 11) (%Answered 11) (%Seen 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15)) 15 1 16 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
gnus-forward %*) "1451748550" nil "20"))
  nnimap-update-infos((("dkbnetz40" (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15)
(... ... ...) 15 1 16 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
gnus-forward %*) "1451748550" nil "20") ("dkbnetz40.RZ_Aufbau" (1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17) (... ... ... ...) 17 1 18 1
(%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft gnus-forward $Forwarded %*)
"1451748546" nil "34") ("ScherzSatireIronieTiefB" (1 2) (...) 2 1 3 1
(%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748545" nil "3")
("@WAIT" (1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748540" nil "3") ("Freizeit" (1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered %Flagged
%Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748490" nil "3") ("IT.Tor" (1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9) (...) 9 1 10 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748488" nil "17") ("IT.Hardware" (1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered
%Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748487" nil "3") ("Spaß" (1)
(...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748473"
nil "3") ("FSF" (1 2) (...) 2 1 3 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen
%Draft %*) "1451748463" nil "5") ("Soc-Net.LinkedIn" nil nil nil nil 2 1
(%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748461" nil "4")
("Archiv" nil nil nil nil 1 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
%*) "1451748459" nil "1") ("Archiv.2017" (1 2) (...) 2 1 3 1 (%Answered
%Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748460" nil "3") ("@SMDY+MAYBE"
(1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748450" nil "2") ("@INFO" (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25) (... ... ...) 25 1 26 1 (%Answered %Flagged
%Deleted %Seen %Draft gnus-forward %*) "1451748449" nil "44") ("@ACTION"
(1 2 3 4) (... ...) 4 1 5 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
%*) "1451748440" nil "5") ("Almut" (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15)
(... ...) 15 1 16 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748438" nil "19") ("Internet.Tipp10" (1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered
%Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748434" nil "2") ("mail.misc" (1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...)
(... ... ...) 175 1 176 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748395" nil "35") ("Tanzen" (1 2 3) (...) 3 1 4 1 (%Answered
%Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748359" nil "4") ("misc" (1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13) (... ...) 13 1 14 1 (%Answered %Flagged
%Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748357" nil "14") ("Auto" (1 2 3 4 5)
(... ...) 5 1 6 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*)
"1451748356" nil "6") ("Wohnung" (1) (...) 1 1 2 1 (%Answered %Flagged
%Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748477" nil "2")
("Wohnung.Charlottenburger" (1 2) (...) 2 1 3 1 (%Answered %Flagged
%Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748513" nil "4") ("Wohnung.BVG" (1 2 3 4
5) (... ...) 5 1 6 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
gnus-forward %*) "1451748426" nil "8") ("Wohnung.Naturstrom" (1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8) (... ...) 8 1 10 1 (%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft
gnus-forward %*) "1451748355" nil "15") ("News" (1 2 3) (...) 3 1 4 1
(%Answered %Flagged %Deleted %Seen %Draft %*) "1451748447" nil "9") ...)
(("dkbnetz40" 3 nil) ("dkbnetz40.RZ_Aufbau" 3 nil)
("ScherzSatireIronieTiefB" 3 nil) ("@WAIT" 3 nil) ("Freizeit" 3 nil)
("IT" 3 nil) ("IT.Tor" 3 nil) ("IT.Hardware" 3 nil) ("Spa\303\237" 3
nil) ("FSF" 3 nil) ("Soc-Net" 3 nil) ("Soc-Net.LinkedIn" 3 nil)
("Archiv" 3 nil) ("Archiv.2017" 3 nil) ("@SMDY+MAYBE" 3 nil) ("@INFO" 3
nil) ("@ACTION" 3 nil) ("Almut" 3 nil) ("Internet" 3 nil)
("Internet.Tipp10" 3 nil) ("mail" 3 nil) ("mail.misc" 3 nil) ("Tanzen" 3
nil) ("misc" 3 nil) ("Auto" 3 nil) ("Wohnung" 3 nil) ...))
  nnimap-finish-retrieve-group-infos("CHT Solutions" (("dkbnetz40" 3 nil)
("dkbnetz40.RZ_Aufbau" 3 nil) ("ScherzSatireIronieTiefB" 3 nil) ("@WAIT"
3 nil) ("Freizeit" 3 nil) ("IT" 3 nil) ("IT.Tor" 3 nil) ("IT.Hardware" 3
nil) ("Spa\303\237" 3 nil) ("FSF" 3 nil) ("Soc-Net" 3 nil)
("Soc-Net.LinkedIn" 3 nil) ("Archiv" 3 nil) ("Archiv.2017" 3 nil)
("@SMDY+MAYBE" 3 nil) ("@INFO" 3 nil) ("@ACTION" 3 nil) ("Almut" 3 nil)
("Internet" 3 nil) ("Internet.Tipp10" 3 nil) ("mail" 3 nil) ("mail.misc"
3 nil) ("Tanzen" 3 nil) ("misc" 3 nil) ("Auto" 3 nil) ("Wohnung" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Charlottenburger" 3 nil) ("Wohnung.BVG" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Naturstrom" 3 nil) ("News" 3 nil) ("News.Tagesspiegel" 3 nil)
("theater" 3 nil) ("Entwuerfe" 3 nil) ("tfk" 3 nil) ("sol" 3 nil)
("sol.Vermittler" 3 nil) ("sol.Testing" 3 nil) ("sol.Projekt-GUTCert-IT"
3 nil) ("sol.IS" 3 nil) ("sol.DKB" 3 nil) ("sol.CV" 3 nil) ("sol.Spende"
3 nil) ("sol.Spende.2018" 3 nil) ("sol.ExTekkies" 3 nil) ("sol.BitKom" 3
nil) ("sol.Schulung" 3 nil) ("sol.DSGVO" 3 nil) ("sol.ThomasFischer" 3
nil) ("sol.ISMS" 3 nil) ("sol.ISC2" 3 nil) ...) ((770 771 1 "INBOX"
"SELECT")))
  gnus-finish-retrieve-group-infos((nnimap "CHT Solutions" (nnimap-address
"wp10583268.mail.server-he.de") (nnimap-inbox "INBOX") (nnimap-stream
ssl) (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
(nnimap-split-methods nnimap-split-fancy)) (("dkbnetz40" 3 nil)
("dkbnetz40.RZ_Aufbau" 3 nil) ("ScherzSatireIronieTiefB" 3 nil) ("@WAIT"
3 nil) ("Freizeit" 3 nil) ("IT" 3 nil) ("IT.Tor" 3 nil) ("IT.Hardware" 3
nil) ("Spa\303\237" 3 nil) ("FSF" 3 nil) ("Soc-Net" 3 nil)
("Soc-Net.LinkedIn" 3 nil) ("Archiv" 3 nil) ("Archiv.2017" 3 nil)
("@SMDY+MAYBE" 3 nil) ("@INFO" 3 nil) ("@ACTION" 3 nil) ("Almut" 3 nil)
("Internet" 3 nil) ("Internet.Tipp10" 3 nil) ("mail" 3 nil) ("mail.misc"
3 nil) ("Tanzen" 3 nil) ("misc" 3 nil) ("Auto" 3 nil) ("Wohnung" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Charlottenburger" 3 nil) ("Wohnung.BVG" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Naturstrom" 3 nil) ("News" 3 nil) ("News.Tagesspiegel" 3 nil)
("theater" 3 nil) ("Entwuerfe" 3 nil) ("tfk" 3 nil) ("sol" 3 nil)
("sol.Vermittler" 3 nil) ("sol.Testing" 3 nil) ("sol.Projekt-GUTCert-IT"
3 nil) ("sol.IS" 3 nil) ("sol.DKB" 3 nil) ("sol.CV" 3 nil) ("sol.Spende"
3 nil) ("sol.Spende.2018" 3 nil) ("sol.ExTekkies" 3 nil) ("sol.BitKom" 3
nil) ("sol.Schulung" 3 nil) ("sol.DSGVO" 3 nil) ("sol.ThomasFischer" 3
nil) ("sol.ISMS" 3 nil) ("sol.ISC2" 3 nil) ...) ((770 771 1 "INBOX"
"SELECT")))
  gnus-read-active-for-groups((nnimap "CHT Solutions" (nnimap-address
"wp10583268.mail.server-he.de") (nnimap-inbox "INBOX") (nnimap-stream
ssl) (nnimap-server-port 993) (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
(nnimap-split-methods nnimap-split-fancy)) (("dkbnetz40" 3 nil)
("dkbnetz40.RZ_Aufbau" 3 nil) ("ScherzSatireIronieTiefB" 3 nil) ("@WAIT"
3 nil) ("Freizeit" 3 nil) ("IT" 3 nil) ("IT.Tor" 3 nil) ("IT.Hardware" 3
nil) ("Spa\303\237" 3 nil) ("FSF" 3 nil) ("Soc-Net" 3 nil)
("Soc-Net.LinkedIn" 3 nil) ("Archiv" 3 nil) ("Archiv.2017" 3 nil)
("@SMDY+MAYBE" 3 nil) ("@INFO" 3 nil) ("@ACTION" 3 nil) ("Almut" 3 nil)
("Internet" 3 nil) ("Internet.Tipp10" 3 nil) ("mail" 3 nil) ("mail.misc"
3 nil) ("Tanzen" 3 nil) ("misc" 3 nil) ("Auto" 3 nil) ("Wohnung" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Charlottenburger" 3 nil) ("Wohnung.BVG" 3 nil)
("Wohnung.Naturstrom" 3 nil) ("News" 3 nil) ("News.Tagesspiegel" 3 nil)
("theater" 3 nil) ("Entwuerfe" 3 nil) ("tfk" 3 nil) ("sol" 3 nil)
("sol.Vermittler" 3 nil) ("sol.Testing" 3 nil) ("sol.Projekt-GUTCert-IT"
3 nil) ("sol.IS" 3 nil) ("sol.DKB" 3 nil) ("sol.CV" 3 nil) ("sol.Spende"
3 nil) ("sol.Spende.2018" 3 nil) ("sol.ExTekkies" 3 nil) ("sol.BitKom" 3
nil) ("sol.Schulung" 3 nil) ("sol.DSGVO" 3 nil) ("sol.ThomasFischer" 3
nil) ("sol.ISMS" 3 nil) ("sol.ISC2" 3 nil) ...) ((770 771 1 "INBOX"
"SELECT")))
  gnus-get-unread-articles(nil nil)
  gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x155f102bf80d>)()
  gnus-1(nil nil nil)
  gnus(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus nil)
  call-interactively(gnus nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus)
  command-line-1(("-l" "/home/christian/.gnus.el" "-f" "gnus"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()

My .gnus.el:
;;
;; Gnus
;;
(require 'imap)

;;; Settings for external helper functions
;(setq imap-ssl-program "openssl s_client -connect %s:%p -no_ssl2 -quiet")
;(setq tls-program "openssl s_client -connect %h:%p -no_ssl2 -ign_eof")
;(setq tls-program "gnutls-cli -insecure -p %p -s %s")

;; Settings
(setq
 user-full-name "Christian Herkt"
 user-mail-address "[email-masked]"
 nnml-directory "~/Mail"
 nndraft-directory "~/Mail/draft"
 nnmail-spool-file "~/Mail/spool"
 display-time-mail-file "~/Mail/spool"
 message-default-charset `utf-8
 starttls-use-gnutls t
 gnus-verbose-backends 10
 mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent
 gnus-agent nil
; gnus-select-method '(nntp "textnews.news.cambrium.nl"))
; gnus-select-method '(nntp "freenews.netfront.net"))
; gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.hansenet.de"))
 gnus-select-method '(nnimap "CHT Solutions"
			     (nnimap-address "wp10583268.mail.server-he.de")
			     (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
			     (nnimap-stream ssl)
			     (nnimap-server-port 993)
			     (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
			     (nnimap-split-methods nnimap-split-fancy)))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
;	(nnimap "CHT Solutions"
;		(nnimap-address "wp10583268.mail.server-he.de")
;		(nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
;		(nnimap-stream ssl)
;		(nnimap-server-port 993)
;		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
;		(nnimap-split-methods nnimap-split-fancy))
;	(nnimap "AirWave"
;		(nnimap-address "imap.1und1.de")
;		(nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
;		(nnimap-stream ssl)
;		(nnimap-server-port 993)
;		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo"))
	(nnimap "gmail"
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
		(nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-stream ssl))))

(setq gnus-group-name-charset-method-alist
      '(((nnimap "ALICE") . utf-8)
	((nnimap "CHT Solutions") . utf-8)))

(setq gnus-group-name-charset-group-alist
      '((".*" . utf-8)))

(setq message-default-mail-headers (format "Bcc: %s\n" user-mail-address))

;; IMAP splitting
(setq nnimap-split-inbox '("INBOX"))
(setq nnimap-split-predicate "UNSEEN UNDELETED")
(setq nnimap-split-rule 'nnmail-split-fancy)
(setq nnmail-split-fancy
      '(|
	(: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
	;; splitting rules go here
	(any "[Cc]hristian.[Hh][email-masked]" "INBOX.awsol")
	(from "[email-masked]" "sol.Debian_Security")
	(to "[email-masked]" "GNUSoftware")
	("subject" "ReadyNAS.*message" "sol.grosserblob")
	"INBOX"))

(setq nnimap-unsplittable-articles '(%Deleted))
;;;(setq nnimap-split-rule 'nnmail-split-fancy)
;;;(setq nnimap-split-fancy 'nnmail-split-fancy)
;;;(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
(setq nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
(gnus-registry-initialize)

;; Posting styles
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
	 ("Fcc" "~/Mail/SMAIL")
	 (name "")
	 (address "[email-masked]")
	 (From "[email-masked]")
	 (signature-file "~/.signature"))
	("nnimap\\+CHT Solutions:.*"
	 (name "Christian Herkt")
	 (address "[email-masked]")
	 (signature-file "~/.chtsol-signature"))
	((header "bcc" "[email-masked]")
	 (From "[email-masked]"))
	("nnimap\\+AirWave:.*"
	 (name "Herkt, Christian")
	 (address "[email-masked]")
	 (reply-to "[email-masked]")
	 (organisation "Airwave Solutions Deutschland GmbH")
	 (signature-file "~/.airwave-signature"))))

(setq gnus-message-archive-group "Sent")
;      '((if (message-news-p)
;	    "misc-news"
;	  "misc-mail")))

(remove-hook 'gnus-mark-article-hook
	     'gnus-summary-mark-read-and-unread-as-read)

(add-hook 'gnus-mark-article-hook 'gnus-summary-mark-unread-as-read)

;; all mails should be always displayed in the mailbox
(setq gnus-permanently-visible-groups ".*INBOX.*")
;(setq gnus-visible-headers "^From:\\|^To:\\|^Subject:\\|^Date:")

;; default Pine ordered header list when displaying mail
(setq gnus-sorted-header-list '( "^Date:" "^From:" "^To:" "^Followup-To:"
"^Cc:" "Bcc:" "^Newsgroups:" "Fcc:" "^Subject:" ))
(setq gnus-read-newsrc-file 'some)
(setq gnus-read-active-file 'some)

;; RSS
(setq nnrss-directory "~/News/rss")

;(setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups    nil
;      gnus-check-bogus-newsgroups  nil
;      gnus-show-threads            nil
;      gnus-use-cross-reference     nil
;      gnus-nov-is-evil             nil)

;;
;; SMTP
;;
;; If you use the default mail user agent.
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
;(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "wp251.webpack.hosteurope.de")
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "wp10583268.mailout.server-he.de")
;(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "wp251.webpack.hosteurope.de")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "wp10583268.mailout.server-he.de")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587)

(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials "~/.authinfo.gpg")
(setq smtpmail-stream-type 'starttls)
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t) ; only to debug problems
(setq smtpmail-debug-verb t) ; only to debug problems

;;; Debugging
;; IMAP
;(setq nnimap-record-commands t)
(setq imap-log t)
; Stepping trough `nnimap-transform-headers' might also help.
(setq debug-on-error t)

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-group-sort-groups-by-rank)
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-group-sort-groups-by-score)
(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-summary-bubble-group)
;(setq gnus-use-adaptive-scoring t)

(setq gnus-score-expiry-days 14)
(setq gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist
  '((gnus-unread-mark)
    (gnus-ticked-mark (from 4))
    (gnus-dormant-mark (from 5))
    (gnus-saved-mark (from 20) (subject 5))
    (gnus-del-mark (from -2) (subject -5))
    (gnus-read-mark (from 2) (subject 1))
    (gnus-killed-mark (from 0) (subject -3))))
    ;(gnus-killed-mark (from -1) (subject -3))))
    ;(gnus-kill-file-mark (from -9999)))
    ;(gnus-expirable-mark (from -1) (subject -1))
    ;(gnus-ancient-mark (subject -1))
    ;(gnus-low-score-mark (subject -1))
    ;(gnus-catchup-mark (subject -1))))

(setq gnus-score-decay-constant 1) ;default = 3
(setq gnus-score-decay-scale 0.03) ;default = 0.05

(setq gnus-decay-scores t) ;(gnus-decay-score 1000)

(setq gnus-global-score-files
       '("~/gnus/scores/all.SCORE"))

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   (horizontal 1.0
	       (vertical 25
			 (group 1.0))
	       (vertical 1.0
			 (summary 0.25 point)
			 (article 1.0)))))
(gnus-add-configuration
 '(summary
   (horizontal 1.0
	       (vertical 25
			 (group 1.0))
	       (vertical 1.0
			 (summary 1.0 point)))))

;;
;; Atom 2 RSS
;;
(require 'mm-url)
(defadvice mm-url-insert (after DE-convert-atom-to-rss () )
  "Converts atom to RSS by calling xsltproc."
  (when (re-search-forward "xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/.*/Atom\""
			   nil t)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (message "Converting Atom to RSS... ")
    (call-process-region (point-min) (point-max)
			 "xsltproc"
			 t t nil
			 (expand-file-name "~/atom2rss.xsl") "-")
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (message "Converting Atom to RSS... done")))

(ad-activate 'mm-url-insert)

;;
;; Settings for HTML emails
;;
;(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m
;      w3m-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-file-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-file-name-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-input-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-output-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8
;      w3m-toggle-inline-images t
;      w3m-default-display-inline-images t)
;(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html"
					;				    "text/richtext"))

;;
;; S/MIME
;;
(require 'epa-file)
(epa-file-enable)
(setq epg-debug t)

(setq mm-decrypt-option 'always)
(setq mm-verify-option 'always)
(setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/encrypted" "multipart/signed"))
(setq mml-smime-use 'epg)
----- my .gnus.el ends here -----

-- 
  __
-*\/*-
  --
  ||