Subject: 26.1; Display bugs: odd bits wrong in shell window

From: DJC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 16:13:24 +0200

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
  of 2018-05-30 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 07f8f9bc5a51f5aa94eb099f3e15fbe0c20ea1ea
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
  --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: ENU
   locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils browse-url url-util shell pcomplete rect kmacro thingatpt
iso-transl elec-pair server comint ansi-color ring mm-util mail-prsvr
subtitles pk-ispell ido trees mouseme sort app-specials html-cosmetics
sgml-mode dom html-vars html-filter html-clean-page text-cosmetics
pk_emacs finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

In the upper window of a frame I had several hundred lines containing the 
full paths of filenames within quotation marks -- all containing non-ASCII 
accented European characters -- and in the lower window a Windows shell. 
 From the shell window I used a macro to change windows, grab a file name, 
then return to the shell window and issue

     del {filename within quotation marks}

After confirming that this was working as desired, I issued a command to 
repeat the macro indefinitely.  As lines scrolled in the shell window I 
remarked some errors in the display there: certain improper bits were being 
displayed rather consistently.  When the run was finished, I grabbed a 
screen shot of the quiescent state (attached) showing some of these. 
Scrolling lines off the bottom of the window and then back on caused them 
to redisplay properly.

djc