Subject: Re: bug#35140: 12.1; Scan errors in doctex mode with ^^A-comments after braces

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 16:05:55 +0900

Hi Stefan,

>>>>> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
> It also means that the approach you propose of only changing the `face`
> and not the syntax tables is probably good enough.

Thanks, then I'll go that route.

By the way,
> So, IIUC the same kind of problem already happens "everywhere" in Emacs
> in slightly less trivial cases, such as

>     %% \somemacro{some
>     %%            multiline arg}

> where double clicking on the braces will not do what we want (and will
> often signal that same "Unbalanced parantheses" error).

Surprisingly, it isn't the case. When I double-click on the right brace,
emacs spans active region successfully between "{" and "}", both in
latex-mode and doctex-mode buffer (at least for AUCTeX, I haven't tried
in Emacs built-in tex mode.)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine