Subject: guix system search needs installer

From: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:51:27 +0200

I think your fix in commit a7ad4505b7a09f32e2727a333e11716739efb713
introduced another bug.

So building guix now with "./configure --enable-installer" leads to this
error:
------------------------------------------------------------------
+ make clean
Makefile:5388: *** missing separator.  Stop.
+ make -j8
Makefile:5388: *** missing separator.  Stop.
------------------------------------------------------------------

The resulting Makefile looks as follow:
------------------------------------------------------------------
5384 scripts/guix: scripts/guix.in Makefile
5385   $(AM_V_at)rm -f $@ $@-t

5386   $(AM_V_at)$(MKDIR_P) "$(@D)"

5387   $(AM_V_GEN)$(do_subst) < "$(srcdir)/$@.in" > "$@-t"

5388   $(AM_V_at)chmod a+x,a-w "$@-t" && mv -f "$@-t" "$@"

5389 elif !ENABLE_INSTALLER

5390
------------------------------------------------------------------

My assumption is that the ENABLE_INSTALLER statement in gnu/local.mk
doesn't get evaluated "correctly".
------------------------------------------------------------------
621 # Always ship the installer modules but compile them only when

622 # ENABLE_INSTALLER is true.

623 if ENABLE_INSTALLER

624 GNU_SYSTEM_MODULES += $(INSTALLER_MODULES)

625 elif !ENABLE_INSTALLER

626 MODULES_NOT_COMPILED += $(INSTALLER_MODULES)

627 endif
------------------------------------------------------------------

With "./configure --disable-installer" the line 5389 in Makefile is
commented out.