Subject: bug#35121: [debbugs.el] debbugs-make-control-message doesn't always ask for version

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 21:48:17 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Noam,

> When using debbugs-make-control-message to make a "done" or "fixed"
> control message from a message-mode buffer, it doesn't ask for for a
> version number.  That's because (debbugs-gnu-current-status) returns nil
> outside the *Bugs* buffer, so the (member "emacs" (cdr (assq 'package
> status))) check always fails.
>
> I think it should be okay to fallback to cache, or debbugs-get-status if
> the cache is empty, right?

Yes. Your patch LGTM.

> By the way, I wonder if we should ask for version even if the package is
> not Emacs (obviously the initial-input suggestion only works for Emacs),
> surely other packages have versions too?

I would suppose so. But in order to get feedback, you might ask on the
<[email-masked]> ML. People using debbugs.el for other projects
but Emacs are lurking there.

Best regards, Michael.