Subject: bug#35113: 27.0.50; key handling bug

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 20:23:03 -0400

The key belongs to Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>.
It is weird because the first "email address" is not a valid
email address, just his name. His real email address is present also.
You can verify this by examining the key in GPG.

When I try encrypting to <[email-masked]> in Emacs, it does not
recognize the key.  epa-list-keys does not recognize it either.
That is the bug.

It does function ok in GPG, so it ought to work in Emacs too.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.30)
 of 2019-02-24 built on freetop
Repository revision: 28f7e981c10cddd06b879a79ade214f273ba4498
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Flidas (8.0)

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-60
Sending...done
Expunging deleted messages...done
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
~ 
Mark set [2 times]
Saved text until "uPyz
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
"

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug two-column warnings cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs tabify man pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu rmailkwd epa-mail
cl-extra parse-time mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url gnus nnheader
wid-edit url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap color js imenu cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode ispell etags fileloop generator xref project
rmailsum jka-compr shell pcomplete thingatpt grep mule-util compile
comint ansi-color ring vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher quail help-mode
dired-aux rmailout url-util shr text-property-search svg xml dom
browse-url dabbrev mailalias battery misearch multi-isearch qp rmailmm
message sendmail rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse
term/linux elec-pair view derived paren cus-start cus-load advice
finder-inf package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 453202 86888)
 (symbols 48 17877 1)
 (strings 32 68683 11576)
 (string-bytes 1 1874269)
 (vectors 16 33695)
 (vector-slots 8 1120156 118590)
 (floats 8 232 260)
 (intervals 56 98716 1437)
 (buffers 992 203)
 (heap 1024 33173 5252))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)