Subject: [bug#35110] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add make-linux-module.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:16:07 +0200

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/linux.scm (make-linux-module): New procedure.

Neat!

Would it make sense to turn it into a ‘linux-module-build-system’?  That
would avoid having to create a package object that cannot be built, just
to pass it to ‘make-linux-module’.  ‘linux-libre’ and ‘kmod’ would be
implicit inputs.

> +;; FIXME: Remove CONFIG_MODULE_SRCVERSION_ALL=y from our configs.

What does that flag do?

> +      (name (string-append (package-name module) "-" (package-name linux)))
> +      (native-inputs
> +       `(("linux-source" ,linux-source)
> +         ("kmod" ,kmod)
> +         ;("elfutils" ,elfutils)  ; Needed to enable CONFIG_STACK_VALIDATION
> +         ("gcc" ,gcc-7)

Is it OK to use the default GCC?

Other than that it looks really cool!

Thank you,
Ludo’.