Subject: bug#35109: date 'tomorrow' bug

From: Maximilian Gleißner<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 15:23:55 +0200

Hi,

I have encountered a possible bug with the date function using both SuSE 
LEAP 15.0 and SuSE 10.2.
This bug occurs when asking date for 'tomorrow' when there is a daylight 
saving timechange.

Note: The machine is located in the GMT+1 timezone, and daylight savings 
time changed on 31.03.2019 02:00 jumping to 03:00

To replicate the bug:
date -s "2019-03-30 23:XX"                      #where XX is any valid 
minute, e.g. 23:35
date -d 'tomorrow'                              #expected output: 
2019-03-31 23:XX
actual output: 2019-04-01 00:XX

I am aware you recommend not using local timezones and daylight savings 
time, but I still think this should/could be implemented better.

Regards
M.Gleissner