Subject: bug#35085: Emacs is not reproducible

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 17:37:47 +0200

Dear,

Just a heads-up to say that this still applies to 27.1.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix describe
Generation 86   Sep 09 2020 12:21:38    (current)
  guix ce022b2
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    commit: ce022b2e142c75b9e4d05fc1aec91e345dc374a7

guix time-machine --commit=057d584b98 -- build emacs --no-grafts
[...]
/gnu/store/wn1m7lwnasvwygbaf8ky413qzbm96mys-emacs-27.1

guix time-machine --commit=057d584b98 \
     -- build emacs --check --no-grafts
[...]
guix build: error: derivation `/gnu/store/s9avsbm004zjrkba9v58ricy2vk56gzz-emacs-27.1.drv' may not be deterministic: output `/gnu/store/wn1m7lwnasvwygbaf8ky413qzbm96mys-emacs-27.1' differs
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Then the files that differ are:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff -r --no-dereference /gnu/store/wn1m7lwnasvwygbaf8ky413qzbm96mys-emacs-27.1{,-check}
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/libexec/emacs/27.1/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/emacs.pdmp
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/libexec/emacs/27.1/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/emacs.pdmp differ
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/lex-spp.elc
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/lex-spp.elc differ
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/tag-file.elc
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/tag-file.elc differ
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/tag-ls.elc
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic/tag-ls.elc differ
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic.elc
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/cedet/semantic.elc differ
Binary files /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/gnus/mm-extern.elc
and /gnu/store/…-emacs-27.1-check/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/gnus/mm-extern.elc differ
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All the best,
simon