Subject: Re: [bug#35082] [PATCH] gnu: Add kawa.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:30:53 +0200

Hello,

Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The suggested synopsis is "Java framework and implementation of
> Scheme, Elisp, and more", and the suggested description is "GNU Kawa
> is an implementation of the Scheme programming language that is built
> on top of the Java platform.  It is thus conveniently integrated with
> Java and benefits from this by having a compiler, optional static
> typing, and so on.  Kawa also serves as a framework for implementing
> other programming languages on the Java platform.  Included in Kawa is
> qexo, a partial implementation of XQuery in Java."

I actually have a slight preference for these :-), I find it more
factual than what you propose, but I’m happy either way.

>>>From a528b757461e44693058515728192f9a7026f5ef Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Carlo Zancanaro <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:41:22 +1100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add kawa.
> To: [email-masked]
>
> * gnu/packages/scheme.scm (kawa): New variable.

[...]

> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/kawa/kawa-"

Please use mirror://gnu.

I can amend the URL you, or you can send another patch.  Let me know!

Thanks,
Ludo’.