Subject: bug#35060: 26.1; Incorrect OpenPGP key on Emacs site

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 23:50:35 +0200

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2019, 07:13 Andrew Luke Nesbit,
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>  The user is instructed to √erify the signature of the download, but the
>  information about who it's signed by is misleading.  The key that signs
>  the signature for releases >= 26.1 is not available as far as I can tell.
>
> It's actually a subkey, so if you updated Nicolas's key from the server it
> should verify correctly. I do agree that it's confusing, though.

So if I understand correctly, there isn't anything to fix here, and I'm
closing this bug report.  (If I'm mistaken, and there's something that
can be done to make this less confusing, please respond to the debbugs
address and we'll reopen.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no