Subject: bug#35051: Fwd: grep

From: Todd Hoatson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 11:46:50 -0500

Hi, I have run into problems when trying to use GNU grep for (what I
thought would be) a fairly straight-forward text-search task.

The problem has been thoroughly described on stack-overflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55407034/how-to-find-c-sharp-class-names-with-regex
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55407034/how-to-find-c-sharp-class-names-with-regex?noredirect=1#comment97578340_55407034>

Full Disclosure:  On stack-overflow, pretty much the only responses I got
were criticisms of what I was trying to do or my choice of grep to do it.
Then, 5 people banded together to label my post as "On Hold", with the
explanation:  "Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem
with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple
distinct questions at once."

In my view, I did my best to ask a detailed, limited question about how to
get grep to work or what I was doing wrong in my use of grep.  They offered
suggestions that failed to work and then became offended with me for
pointing this out to them.

Please take a look at my question and let me know if you can help me.  If
it turns out that you feel my question was indeed inappropriate, I would
appreciate any effort to explain it to me.

thanks,
Todd Hoatson

-- 
Todd Hoatson
Mobile: 763-291-3312
Email:   [email-masked]
www.linkedin.com/in/toddhoatson