Subject: Re: bug#35044: 25.2; Description of "disappearing" faces (Emacs Manual)

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 17:20:58 -0400

Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]> writes:

> To sum things up, approach for this bug won't be updating "Emacs
> manual", because it could end up as an excuse for bug(s), but rather:
>
> 1. updating "Elisp manual" with advice to use 'font-lock-face' over
>    'face' (which you already did with patch) - dev pov,
>
> 2. updating "table.el" to use 'font-lock-face' instead 'face' - user
>    pov.

Yes.

> But won't it (especially point 2.) start a "face hunt", because there
> may be other functions/modes that have the same problem - using 'face'
> when they should use 'font-lock-face'... or should I just don't care
> until it happen?

Yes, it's quite possible that other functions/modes have the same
problem.  But there's no need to specifically hunt them down (unless you
want to).