Subject: bug#35032: date ISO 8601 / RFC 3339 formats

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:48:17 -0600

severity 35032 wishlist
retitle 35032 date: adjust rfc8601/3339 formats to W3C standard
stop

On 2019-03-28 11:20 a.m., Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Would it be possible to make them both optional in --rfc-3339, and both 
> mandatory in --iso-8601 ? Or add a --w3c option that conforms to the W3C 
> profile? This is all so sad… Some languages like Go do no understand 
> neither of date's output, because they follow the W3C profile.

I'm marking this as a "wishlist" item.
For reference, here are previously similar requests:

https://bugs.gnu.org/6132 - date: --rfc-3339=TIMESPEC option doesn't 
print 'T'

https://bugs.gnu.org/6453 - date -- Add new options for ISO 8601 date 
formats (-O)

https://bugs.gnu.org/14097 - date: add parsing support for ISO 8601 
basic format

-assaf