Subject: bug#35028: closed (Re: [bug#35028] [PATCH 0/3] Remove WebKitGTK from GNOME Shell closure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 14:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35028: [PATCH 0/3] Remove WebKitGTK from GNOME Shell closure

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35028: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35028
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#35028] [PATCH 0/3] Remove WebKitGTK from GNOME Shell closure
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 15:19:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Timothy,

Timothy Sample <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch set removes WebKitGTK from the GNOME Shell closure, making it
> way smaller.  I built all the dependants of “evolution-data-server” and
> “gnome-online-accounts”, fixing the inputs as I went.  I also tested a
> few things in a virtual machine.  Everything seems good to me, but it is
> hard to tell what might break subtly with something like
> “gnome-online-accounts”.  I did make sure that the GNOME Control Center
> still worked after having removed it as an input to GNOME Shell.  I’m
> not sure why it was there in the first place.
>
> Timothy Sample (3):
>   gnu: gnome-online-accounts: Split off 'lib' output.
>   gnu: evolution-data-server: Add 'libedataserverui' output.
>   gnu: gnome-shell: Remove gnome-control-center from inputs.

I’ve applied it all and also tested in a VM.  It looks good!

Thank you!

BTW, we should probably give you commit access.  Would you like to
create an account on Savannah and upload your OpenPGP key there?

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Remove WebKitGTK from GNOME Shell closure
From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 23:14:06 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

This patch set removes WebKitGTK from the GNOME Shell closure, making it
way smaller.  I built all the dependants of “evolution-data-server” and
“gnome-online-accounts”, fixing the inputs as I went.  I also tested a
few things in a virtual machine.  Everything seems good to me, but it is
hard to tell what might break subtly with something like
“gnome-online-accounts”.  I did make sure that the GNOME Control Center
still worked after having removed it as an input to GNOME Shell.  I’m
not sure why it was there in the first place.

Timothy Sample (3):
  gnu: gnome-online-accounts: Split off 'lib' output.
  gnu: evolution-data-server: Add 'libedataserverui' output.
  gnu: gnome-shell: Remove gnome-control-center from inputs.

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 71 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 1 file changed, 62 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- Tim