Subject: bug#35017: 27.0.50; Gnus (wrong-type-argument vectorp #<hash-table ...>)

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:17:19 +0000

Toon Claes <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sounds like you probably have some stale *.elc files lying around[1].
>> Try deleting all lisp/gnus/*.elc files before invoking 'make', or just
>> invoke 'make bootstrap' for a more thorough rebuild.
>
> I did a `make distclean` and `find . -name '*.elc' -delete`, pulled
> again and did a `make bootstrap`. I had to throw away ~/.newsrc.eld (and
> maybe also ~/.newsrc-dribble) and now Gnus is working again.
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. I was depending on `make` and `configure.sh`
> to ensure all outdated files would get updated, but in this case it was
> just a no longer existing file that was lingering around as .elc?

I'm not familiar with Emacs build logic, but my guess is it's not smart
enough to detect stale macro expansions in distinct files.

-- 
Basil