Subject: Re: Can't install icecat

From: Alberto EFG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 23:11:22 -0600

H, Mark and everyone who has been helpful 

> As other people have mentioned, this substitute should now be
> available,
I keep getting this, I don't know if I am doing something wrong:

$ guix package -n -u .  --substitute-urls="https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org https://ci.guix.info"
[...]
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.info'... 100.0%
The following derivations would be built:
   /gnu/store/5xs5i2pkf369g2hd26f2sy26r40bzjm6-icecat-60.6.1-guix1.drv
   /gnu/store/4f40wrx514rbly302ha0gvpn5b53d91f-rust-1.24.1.drv
   /gnu/store/yf5fcqp3v4jf038g454h2zqm54x6ijj6-profile.drv
938.6 MB would be downloaded:

> but I wanted to add that builds are performed in /tmp by default, and
> that's likely the reason you ran out of disk space, even though your
> root partition has plenty of space.
>
> If you'd like builds to be performed somewhere else, e.g. /var/tmp, then
> you should arrange for the TMPDIR environment variable to be set
> appropriately when launching 'guix-daemon'.
I will try this!!
Hopefully it will work, I don't mind the compiling I was just worried it
keep failing.