Subject: bug#35010: Many CPAN download URLs are no longer available

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 19:40:20 +0100

Ludo',

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Commit 42314ffa072f31cc1cb44df38b1f8fcca19d9d3c should fix this.
> I should have let [you?] figure it out ;-), but somehow I ended
> up investigating too much, bah!

Now I had time to rant about package names.  Win-win!  …wait

> Let me know what you think.

[…]

> In the meantime, to fix the Perl packages, you could maybe run:
>
>   guix lint -c source $(guix package -A ^perl-)
>
> Then you could perhaps comment the ‘version>?’ test in (guix 
> upstream)
> to force ‘guix package -u’ to update these seemingly up-to-date
> packages.

I'll deffo give it a try.  Thanks!

Kind regards,

T G-R