Subject: bug#35007: closed (Re: bug#35007: 26.1; Flyspell multi dictionary error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:59:02 +0000

Your bug report

#35007: 26.1; Flyspell multi dictionary error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
35007: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=35007
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#35007: 26.1; Flyspell multi dictionary error
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Philipp Uhl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 17:58:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Philipp Uhl <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 19:46:23 +0100
> 
> Since an update quite recently flyspell (or ispell/hunspell) stopped to
> work with my configuration for multiple dictionaries (see below). I
> reported a similar bug (Bug#33493) before and it got resolved. It
> appears as a similar issue has made this bug reapear.

Bug#33493 was fixed for Emacs 26.2, which is about to be released.
You are still using Emacs 26.1, where the bug is present.  If this bug
disappeared for you in 26.1, it's possible that you applied the patch
for bug#33493 locally, and now somehow lost that patched version.

In any case, I verified that using multiple dictionaries does wotk in
Emacs 26.2 with Hunspell 1.7.0 (and fails in Emacs 26.1), so this bug
is already fixed, and I'm closing it.

Thanks.

Subject: 26.1; Flyspell multi dictionary error
From: Philipp Uhl <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 19:46:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since an update quite recently flyspell (or ispell/hunspell) stopped to
work with my configuration for multiple dictionaries (see below). I
reported a similar bug (Bug#33493) before and it got resolved. It
appears as a similar issue has made this bug reapear.

My complete emacs configuration can be viewed here: 
https://github.com/phuhl/sheeshmacs
My config contains this relevant section:
(with-eval-after-load "ispell"
(setq ispell-program-name "hunspell")
(setq ispell-dictionary "en_US,de_DE")
(ispell-set-spellchecker-params)
(when (> emacs-major-version 24)
(ispell-hunspell-add-multi-dic "en_US,de_DE"))

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.7)
of 2019-03-17 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit-python.el (source)...done
Loaded /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit-python.el
scratch has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Starting new Ispell process hunspell with en_US,de_DE dictionary...
Saving file /home/philipp/.emacs.d/tmp/scratch...
Wrote /home/philipp/.emacs.d/tmp/scratch
Loading /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit.el (source)...done
Loaded /home/philipp/.emacs.d/starter-kit.el
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Error in post-command-hook (flyspell-post-command-hook): (error "No data 
for dictionary \"en_US,de_DE\" in ‘ispell-local-dictionary-alist’ or 
‘ispell-dictionary-alist’")

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong
-fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
flyspell-mode: t
org-indent-mode: t
pyvenv-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
org-bullets-mode: t
vimish-fold-global-mode: t
vimish-fold-mode: t
ivy-mode: t
ido-vertical-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
ido-everywhere: t
global-auto-complete-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
auto-fill-function: yas--auto-fill
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/philipp/.emacs.d/src/gamegrid hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/play/gamegrid

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail whitespace flyspell ispell
org-indent image-file highlight-indentation company-capf elpy
find-file-in-project windmove elpy-shell pyvenv esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor grep files-x tide
tide-lv typescript-mode yasnippet flycheck flymake-proc flymake warnings
org-beautify-mods-theme org-beautify-theme org-bullets async ob-async
ob-python ob-js ob-plantuml ob-shell ob-restclient restclient gamegrid
vimish-fold f at-day-theme circadian solar cal-dst auto-complete-config
counsel xdg compile swiper ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay ffap
ido-vertical-mode paren elec-pair ein-org ein-multilang python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
ein-multilang-fontify ein-notebooklist eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree ido ein-company ein-file ein-connect
ein-inspector ein-traceback ein-shared-output ein-pseudo-console
ein-pager view ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-jedi ein-completer
ein-ac auto-complete popup ein-pytools ein-subpackages ein-iexec
ein-worksheet ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output ein-cell-edit ein-cell
ein-hy ein-skewer skewer-html skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode etags
xref project js sgml-mode dom thingatpt imenu simple-httpd pp
ein-output-area xml ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events
ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-notebook ein-query
request ein-node ein-log ein-console ein-classes company pcase ewoc
ein-core ein-utils deferred subr-x url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap dash s
json map cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ein cus-edit cus-start cus-load vc-git
diff-mode org-eww org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m edmacro kmacro rainbow-mode color diminish use-package
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
saveplace cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core cl
org-element avl-tree generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs finder-inf rx info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 662326 27393)
(symbols 48 60523 2)
(miscs 40 104 344)
(strings 32 180920 10474)
(string-bytes 1 5468656)
(vectors 16 97271)
(vector-slots 8 2146802 132044)
(floats 8 883 315)
(intervals 56 1580 89)
(buffers 992 15))