Subject: bug#350: ido-mode not compatible with url-handler-mode

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:21:34 -0700

url-handler-mode is awesome!  ido-mode is too, but they are not
compatible with each other.

With url-handler-mode and ido-mode enabled, try typing
http://www.google.com.  ido-mode will not let you type in that url.
You need to use C-f to enter "normal" url handler mode.

  -- MJF

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)  of 2008-03-26 on RELEASE
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)' Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil   value of
$LC_CTYPE: nil   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil   value of $LC_MONETARY:
nil   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil   value of $LC_TIME: nil   value of
$LANG: ENU   locale-coding-system: cp1252
default-enable-multibyte-characters: t Major mode: Emacs-Lisp/lw Minor
modes in effect:   eldoc-mode: t   url-handler-mode: t
global-balanced-mode: t   balanced-mode: t   hrule-mode: t
global-hi-lock-mode: t   hi-lock-mode: t   c-subword-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t   recentf-mode: t   global-reveal-mode: t
reveal-mode: t   global-c-subword-mode: t   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
cua-mode: t   encoded-kbd-mode: t   tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t   menu-bar-mode: t   file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t   font-lock-mode: t   blink-cursor-mode: t
unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t   utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t   column-number-mode: t   line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t Recent input: <return> C-x k <return> <apps> w
3 SPC <backspace>  <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> u r l <tab>
<tab>  <tab> v <tab> <return> C-h f u r l <tab> <tab> <tab>  <tab> g
<tab> <tab> <tab> e t SPC u <tab> <tab> <C-backspace>  <C-backspace>
<C-backspace> <C-backspace> <C-backspace>  f i n d SPC u r <tab>
<backspace> <backspace> <C-backspace>  <C-backspace> u r l SPC f <tab>
<tab> i n <tab> <backspace>  l <tab> <return> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down>  <down> C-x k <return> C-x 1 C-x b <return>
<switch-frame>  <help-echo> <switch-frame> <switch-frame>
<select-window>  <apps> s c r 9 a <tab> <backspace> <backspace> a ;
<tab> <backspace> t <tab> <return> <switch-frame> <apps>  u r l SPC v
<tab> <return> <apps> u r l <tab> <tab>  <tab> v <tab> <return>
<right> <right> <right> <apps>  u r l <tab> <tab> <tab> h <tab>
<return> <right> <right>  <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>
<right> <home>  <S-end> C-c <timeout> C-x C-f C-x C-f <S-home> C-v
<return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>  <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>  C-h f u r l SPC h a n <tab>
SPC <tab> m <tab> <return>  <select-window> <select-window>
<help-echo> <select-window>  <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2>
<help-echo> <help-echo>  <wheel-down> <double-wheel-down> C-x C-f h t
t p :  / / / s <backspace> h t t p <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> C-g <down> <up>  <up> <up> <up>
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down>  <down> <down> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> <down>  <down> <M-right> <M-left> <down> <down>
<down> <down>  <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down>
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right>  <right>
<right> C-h v <return> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>  <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu>
<send-emacs-bug-report> Recent messages: Display version number,
copyright info, and basic help Explain that Emacs has NO WARRANTY Show
the Emacs license (GPL) How to get latest versions of Emacs Lisp
packages distributed separately for use in Emacs Find packages and
features by keyword Full documentation of Emacs features Our doctor
will help you feel better Send e-mail to Emacs maintainers Loading
emacsbug...done