Subject: bug#34996: 27.0.50; gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group is broken

From: Alex Branham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 09:42:05 -0500

On Tue 26 Mar 2019 at 09:00, Basil L. Contovounesios <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't seem to be able to reproduce this on latest master (see revision
> after my signature).  Here's what I tried:
>
> 0. HOME=$(mktemp -d) emacs -Q
> 1. (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil ""))
>    C-j
> 2. M-x gnus RET
> 3. M-x gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group RET 34671 RET
>
> Which revision of master are you on?  Are you able to provide a more
> precise recipe?

I'm on git revision 568af1e5822086f2457b6e98a22624b8138aa72f.

emacs -q
(require 'gnus-group)
M-x gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group RET 34671 RET

is enough to trigger this. I can't reproduce with your recipe, although
if I do "q" (quit gnus) "y" (confirm quitting) in between your steps 2
and 3 then I can trigger it. As I said in another thread, I'm just
getting started using gnus. Is gnus-read-ephemeral-emacs-bug-group not
supposed to work if gnus isn't open?

Alex