Subject: Re: bug#34995: `guix pull` crash on commit 69cae3d33

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 10:40:37 +0100

Hello,

Chad Walstrom <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ./gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm:150:4: In procedure inputs:
> Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure inputs (x)>
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/dml4spg4jl3nqqqgsw76pj74bash1h8h-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "6c177f6140cba250ad68c5a83c312f395b6e48b4"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "0.16.0"; pull-version: 1).
> Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.

This bug was introduced about 11 hours ago when I pushed
abd4d6b33dba4de228e90ad15a8efb456fcf7b6e.

It’s due to an excess of confidence and insufficient testing on my side
(I hadn’t rebuilt the package modules locally, so those modules were
still using the old ABI and everything was fine); my apologies for the
breakage.

That also revealed an abstraction leakage I was unaware of:

  https://issues.guix.info/issue/34999

Thank you all for reporting the issue!

Ludo’.