Subject: bug#34984: ns-right-command-modifier has influence to left

From: Nick Helm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 08:35:28 +0000

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can replicate this. The key is to swap command and option. I also
> see it using my swapped caps lock ‐> ctrl. It shows up as right
> control when I would expect it to be left.
>
> Unfortunately I’m not sure what we can do about it. 

This only seems to happen when the modifiers are swapped using System
Preferences. On my machine the problem goes away if I remap using
another method. 

Try putting the modifiers back to their defaults in System Preferemces
then running the following command (this swaps events left_alt and
left_gui, and right_alt and right_gui). Note that this won't survive
reboot.

$ hidutil property --set '{"UserKeyMapping":[{"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingSrc":0x7000000E2,"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingDst":0x7000000E3},{"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingSrc":0x7000000E3,"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingDst":0x7000000E2},{"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingSrc":0x7000000E6,"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingDst":0x7000000E7},{"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingSrc":0x7000000E7,"HIDKeyboardModifierMappingDst":0x7000000E6}]}'

You can probably do similar tricks with karabiner and other key
remappers. 

Nick