Subject: bug#34984: ns-right-command-modifier has influence to left

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 21:52:29 +0000

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:46:18PM +0900, Tak Kunihiro wrote:
> Dear Alan,
> 
> > Can you replicate the issue with the master branch?
> > The modifier handling has been almost completely rewritten in it.
> 
> I tested on 27.0.50.  The results are the same.

Thanks.

> I connected USB keyboard not specifically designed for macOS.
> I swap `Option Key' and `Command Key’ using on Keyboard panel 
> in System Preferences.  I do not use third-party key remapping
> software.

I can replicate this. The key is to swap command and option. I also
see it using my swapped caps lock ‐> ctrl. It shows up as right
control when I would expect it to be left.

Unfortunately I’m not sure what we can do about it. I don’t think we
have any way of determining whether the keys have been swapped. And
even if we did, whether the keyboard is a USB one.

Someone with an Apple developer account could raise it on radar, but
as the keycodes we’re using to determine left vs right are unofficial
I don’t know if Apple would do anything.

For the record the Mac port has the same issue.

Sorry, I can’t think of any way round it.
-- 
Alan Third