Subject: bug#34983: 27.0.50; Gnus cannot start

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:23:35 +0000

>>>>> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

    > On 03/25/19 12:24 PM, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >>>>>>> Bastien <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> 
    >> > Hello, Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> 
    >> >> Warning: Warning - invalid active: "nnrss:AnnPhys" 2059 1 y;
    >> >> Warning - invalid active: "nnrss:JMO" 284 1 y; Warning -
    >> invalid >> active: "nnrss:PRA" 307 1 y; Warning - invalid active:
    >> >> "nnrss:PRL" 852 1 y; Warning - invalid active:
    >> "nnrss:ProcRSocA" >> 141 1 y; Warning - invalid active:
    >> "nnrss:JPhysA" 133 1 y
    >> 
    >> > FWIW, I also had the same kind of warnings with 27.0.50.

    > This part of the bug, thankfully, is fairly simple, and I think
    > the attached patch will fix it. Will one or more of you apply this
    > and give it a shot?

Ok, I've applied the patch to emacs-27.0.50 and gnus opens the nnrss feeds
satisfactorily - as it does with my other newsgroups and the imap
emails. There are no errors or warnings at all. I did `make clean' and
deleted lisp/gnus/*.elc files before the final `make', so I may have
gone overboard in the build.

Best wishes,

Colin.

-- 
Colin Baxter
[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8
---------------------------------------------------------------------