Subject: bug#34979: 24.5; indent .tex broken

From: Thomas Bucaioni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:04:10 +0100

Hello,

When pressing the TAB key, the indentation doesn't happen. Even, the
text is translated as in a Word or LibreOffice document.

See also :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-09/msg00222.html

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-09-12 on x86-grnet-01, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9.8 (stretch)

Configured using:
 `configure --build i686-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-gnutls --build i686-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-gnutls --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs24-f5SXzK/emacs24-24.5+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -fno-PIE' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro -no-pie''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: TeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/user/Documents/M2MPA/SolEx1.tex...
Wrote /home/user/Documents/M2MPA/SolEx1.tex
Indenting region...done
Saving file /home/user/Documents/M2MPA/SolEx1.tex...
Wrote /home/user/Documents/M2MPA/SolEx1.tex
Indenting region...done
Quit
Auto-saving...done
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
Auto-saving...done

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch tex-mode
compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 130097 8740)
 (symbols 24 20052 0)
 (miscs 20 144 407)
 (strings 16 16742 5371)
 (string-bytes 1 447182)
 (vectors 8 14281)
 (vector-slots 4 834121 14072)
 (floats 8 74 731)
 (intervals 28 7726 16)
 (buffers 512 17))