Subject: [bug#34978] Enable support for veyron chrombooks

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 18:26:00 +0200

Hello!

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've taken the WIP patch that Timothy Sample proposed and split it into
> two patches (one for the bootloader support, and one for the example
> system config slightly adjusted for the new kernel package name), and
> dropped the prawnos kernel, though the linux-libre-arm-veyrong kernel
> config is largely based on the prawnos kernel config. The thread on
> guix-devel describes more of the background:
>
>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-03/msg00053.html
>
> Big thanks to Timothy for the WIP patches that made it possible to get
> this far!

Neat!  I’ve applied all three patches.

I’ve also followed up by a commit that fixes the problem you mentioned,
namely that (gnu bootloader depthcharge) wouldn’t be included in what
‘guix pull’ provides.

Could you add a sentence or two in doc/guix.texi, under “Bootloader
Configuration”, to mention Depthcharge next to U-Boot?

BTW, if U-Boot and Depthcharge are able to install custom keymaps, it’d
be nice to implement that support like commit
8d058e7b1b1a409d3d9cc29c5650a98db4e78783 does for GRUB.

Thanks Vagrant & Timothy!

Ludo’.