Subject: Re: Enable support for veyron chrombooks

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:50:24 -0700

On 2019-03-24, Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 2019-03-24, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> Attached is a patch series that adds a linux-libre kernel variant for
>> "veyron" type chromebooks, tested on an Asus-C201
>> (a.k.a. veyron-speedy), and corresponding support for installing the
>> kernel so that the "depthcharge" bootloader can boot it, and an example
>> system config used on the veyron-speedy. It may also work on other
>> veyron models; they are untested.
>
> A bonus caveat:
>
> * currently u-boot-tools and tdb fail tests on armhf; but those should
>   probably be their own bugs...

"guix system reconfigure" works just fine when done from a checkout
(e.g. ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure ...), but unfortunately, if
I guix pull the very same commit:

  $ guix system reconfigure /home/vagrant/src/config/asus-c201-spdygx.scm
  guix system: error: failed to load '/home/vagrant/src/config/asus-c201-spdygx.scm':
  ice-9/boot-9.scm:2803:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
  no code for module (gnu bootloader depthcharge)

How could that happen?

live well,
  vagrant