Subject: Re: bug#34976: [debbugs.el] debbugs-read-emacs-bug-with-gnus sets user options

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:14:55 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> That's why I thought we could add a user option debbugs-lars-workflow or
>> alike :-) If non-nil, the gnus-* variables would be set as of today.
>
> :-)
>
> Sounds good.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but how would setting this new
debbugs user option be different from setting the existing Gnus user
options?  In other words, why can't users who want a Lars-esque workflow
(Larsflow?) just set the gnus-* user options themselves?  Wouldn't the
proposed debbugs user option be redundant?

Thanks,

-- 
Basil