Subject: Re: bug#34956: Fix for define-compilation-mode

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 19:42:03 -0400

severity 34956 minor
tags 34956 fixed
close 34956 27.1
quit

Troy Hinckley <[email-masked]> writes:

> This a is small patch that removes compilation-buffer-name-function-from
> define-compilation-mode. compilation-buffer-name-function is used before
> the major-mode is loaded, therefore overriding it in
> define-compilation-mode is ineffectual. Removing it from the list of
> overridden variables will ensure that it is not mistaken for a variable
> that can be major mode specific. Also the function compilation-start takes
> an optional argument name-function, so there is already a mechanism to
> override it.

Pushed to master.

[1: 905f619519]: 2019-04-04 19:39:42 -0400
  Don't check comp-buffer-name-function in derived mode (Bug#34956)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=905f6195191a518b7bb2dbdf6eacae41d31fc54e