Subject: Re: [bug#34865] [PATCH] Add emacs-zones.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 11:57:22 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>>>> Could we use emacs-zones from Elpa? See
>>>>> https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/zones.html . ‘guix import elpa
>>>>> emacs-zones’ will produce a decent ‘origin’ record to pull a source.
>>>>
>>>> My understanding is that ELPA and MELPA tarballs are not necessarily
>>>> persistent and immutable, and that we generally prefer referring
>>>> directly to the upstream repo.
>>>
>>> Ouch, I thought ELPA is persistent.  That's a significant argument to
>>> not use ELPA for our purposes :-( .
>
> I only know that MELPA isn’t immutable.  I assumed that ELPA is fine.

[...]

> git-fetch is the preferred way when there are no stable tarballs.

So, Oleg, I think you can go either way, but fetching over Git is
probably safer.

Can you apply the patch?

Thanks,
Ludo’.