Subject: [bug#34845] [PATCH 00/30] Update LXQt to 0.14.1.

From: Meiyo Peng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:33:34 +0800

Hi Ricardo,

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> I see that we already received a change set in #34795, which aims to
> achieve the same goal.  Unfortunately, #34795 is just one big diff.

Sorry.  I am not actively monitoring this mailing list, so I didn't
notice that email.  I'm busy as hell and nearly wore out myself.

> Do you see anything in that diff that might be useful for this patch
> series?

I briefly checked that big diff and notice only one special hack not
included in this patch series.

He disabled the test for qemu in that patch:

#+begin_src diff
  diff --git a/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm b/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
  index 8d9d2335e..d935fd4e4 100644
  --- a/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
  +++ b/gnu/packages/virtualization.scm
  @@ -120,6 +120,7 @@
       (arguments
        '(;; Running tests in parallel can occasionally lead to failures, like:
          ;; boot_sector_test: assertion failed (signature == SIGNATURE):
  (0x00000000 == 0x0000dead)
  +       #:tests? #f
          #:parallel-tests? #f
          #:configure-flags (list "--enable-usb-redir" "--enable-opengl"
                                  (string-append "--smbd="
#+end_src

This is probably a careless mistake.

That email is from someone in pantherx.org.  PantherX is a GNU/Linux
distribution based on Guix according to their website
(https://wiki.pantherx.org/PantherX-compared-to-other-distributions/).
It's interesting to see other GNU/Linux distros based on Guix.  We are
getting popular! ;-)

I have tested this patch series on my computer for over two weeks so I
think it's probably safe to merge.

--
Meiyo Peng
https://www.pengmeiyu.com/