Subject: [bug#34824] [PATCH staging] libdrm/Mesa Meson patch series

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:01:59 +0100

Rutger Helling <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey Guix,
>
> this patch series changes libdrm and Mesa to use Meson.
>
> A few notes to go along with the patches:
>
> Patch #1: Libdrm on Github mentions that Autotools is the legacy build
> system for libdrm, so it seems better to change this to use Meson.
> Patch #2: Mesa is gonna drop support for Autotools entirely at some
> point in 2019, so it seems good to make the switch sooner rather than
> later. I think I converted all the configure flags to the new format.
> Patches #3-6: For some reason these packages now need an explicit mesa
> input. I haven't run into other packages that have this problem yet.

The first two patches LGTM, but we should figure out why some packages
need special attention and squash the fixes with the Mesa (or libdrm)
change.

I see the other packages are SDL-related, maybe the libSDL pkg-config
files are different after this change?  Or "sdl-config" prints something
weird?

Thanks for looking after these packages :-)