Subject: [bug#34820] [PATCH] gnu: rust: Update to 1.32.0

From: Ivan Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 19:19:12 -0700

Hi Brett!

> On Mar 26, 2019, at 6:51 PM, Brett Gilio <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> LGTM, I want to try maintaining a local build for nightly which requires
> 1.33 atm. Do we have an ETA on how long until we can get that? What can
> I do to help?

I actually have a patch ready for packaging 1.33, just been holding off to
avoid the noise while we get 1.31/1.32 built. Happy to post put it up if
you'd like to see a copy!

As far as maintaining nightlies goes, I think it would be a challenge to
keep up manually, unless you happen to have some cron job that builds a
new version daily. I've been considering packaging rustup within guix
after 1.33 lands, which might make it possible to develop with nightly
rust without having to maintain a nightly build within guix itself.

Not sure what challenges there may be with the rustup approach though
(will the prebuild binaries work well with guix?). I'd be happy to hear
if you make any progress though!

—Ivan