Subject: bug#33068: closed (Re: bug#34819: 26.1; Blank help-echo tooltips for mode line menus)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 06:32:03 +0000

Your bug report

#34819: 26.1.50; Menu shows empty tooltips (or empty submenus?)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34819: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34819
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34819: 26.1; Blank help-echo tooltips for mode line menus
From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
To: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 15:31:23 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 21:56:13 +0900,
Phil Sainty wrote:
> 
> On 20/06/19 11:04 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> > I think the patch I posted previously does the right thing.
> > Please try it.
> 
> Thanks; I've just built and tested with this patch, and it does
> indeed seem to resolve the problem.
> 
> I'm not able to review the code change, but all my previous test
> cases are now displaying their tooltips correctly.

Thanks for testing.  I've pushed the patch to master as 82d6b390b5e
(flush_frame part) and 4a5a74a07ff (inhibit-double-buffering part).
Closing the bug.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]

Subject: 26.1.50; Menu shows empty tooltips (or empty submenus?)
From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 17:25:48 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

See the attached screenshot.

---

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.1)
 of 2018-10-16 built on archlinux
Repository revision: 433e364add25dcc32f5103ec28f58298e00204d5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12001000
Recent messages:
Starting Emacs daemon.
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
10 packages can be upgraded; type ‘U’ to mark them for upgrading.
Quit [3 times]
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Quit [5 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26
 --libexecdir=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26/lib --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-xft --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-theme eieio-custom
wid-browse tree-widget gud autoload lisp-mnt checkdoc vc-git
display-line-numbers whitespace visual-fill-column crm mm-archive
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode network-stream starttls url-http tls
gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg server pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet dired
dired-loaddefs pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools pdf-view
bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util image-mode sql view
org-capture org-protocol org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-python ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-extra
yasnippet elec-pair highlight-indentation flymake-proc flymake warnings
help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy find-file-in-project ivy delsel colir
color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt windmove diff-mode elpy-shell pyvenv
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django
elpy-refactor subr-x python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec advice
json map grep compile comint ansi-color files-x easy-mmode
doom-themes-org company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb
doom-tomorrow-night-theme doom-themes doom-themes-common xclip winner
ring paren ido-completing-read+ memoize s cus-edit minibuf-eldef ido
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit company edmacro kmacro
pcase cus-start cus-load finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1444987 109160)
 (symbols 48 46130 1)
 (miscs 40 793 367)
 (strings 32 222318 9748)
 (string-bytes 1 7045256)
 (vectors 16 88883)
 (vector-slots 8 2096390 154878)
 (floats 8 522 374)
 (intervals 56 128638 5303)
 (buffers 992 21))