Subject: Re: bug#34819: 26.1; Blank help-echo tooltips for mode line menus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 08:34:11 -0700

On Mar 13, 2019 8:25 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Phil Sainty <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 00:52:43 +1300
>
> > Which probably means the root cause is not double buffering itself,
> > but some other change included in that commit.  I wonder if you can
> > audit the changes and try to identify potential culprits.
>
> That code is well outside of my areas of expertise, so I'm not confident
> that I'd figure it out very easily.
>
> I'm CCing this to Daniel Colascione -- I don't imagine anyone else is
> more familiar with that code than he is, so if anyone can intuitively
> narrow down the possible culprits here, it would likely be him.

Btw, I reckon this doesn't happen in the GTK build?  What if you set
x-gtk-use-system-tooltips to a nil value -- does the problem happen in

Thanks. I'll take a look.

the GTK build as well then?