Subject: 25.2; smie-indent-fixindent wrong if comment-start-skip has alternatives

From: Andrey Bondarenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:23:05 +0300

If comment-start-skip contains alternatives smie-indent-fixindent will
construct wrong regexp that appends "fixindent" only to last alternative
and match all other aletrnatives as is.

For example: 

(let ((comment-start-skip "#+\\s *\\|//+\\s *")
      (comment-end-skip ""))
 (concat comment-start-skip
         "fixindent" 
         comment-end-skip)) → "#+\\s *\\|//+\\s *fixindent"

This regexp would match "// fixindent" comments and any comment
that starts with "#", which is wrong. 

I think it should enclose comment-start-skip and comment-end-skip in \\(
\\) to work correctly. Something like:

(let ((comment-start-skip "#+\\s *\\|//+\\s *")
      (comment-end-skip ""))
 (concat "\\(" comment-start-skip "\\)"
         "fixindent" 
         "\\(" comment-end-skip "\\)")) → "\\(#+\\s *\\|//+\\s *\\)fixindent\\(\\)"

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
 of 2017-09-23, modified by Debian built on lgw01-amd64-050
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --build x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-jYekUr/emacs25-25.2+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Prog

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ergoemacs-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-ethan-wspace-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
24 matches
Mark set [2 times]
2 matches
Mark set
2 matches [9 times]
24 matches
200 matches (limit reached)
Mark set
18 matches
ergoemacs-command-loop--grow-interactive: End of buffer [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-hg
taskjuggler-mode derived skeleton warnings vc-git diff-mode edebug
re-builder smie misearch multi-isearch recentf tree-widget delsel
ergoemacs-themes edmacro two-column cus-edit wid-edit
ergoemacs-translate ergoemacs-theme-engine ergoemacs-mapkeymap
ergoemacs-map-properties ergoemacs-map ergoemacs-lib ergoemacs-layouts
ergoemacs-key-description descr-text ergoemacs-functions
ergoemacs-component ergoemacs-advice ergoemacs-command-loop
ergoemacs-macros jka-compr persistent-soft list-utils pcache
eieio-compat eieio-base printing ps-print ps-def lpr kmacro
ergoemacs-mode undo-tree diff ethan-wspace paren cus-start cus-load
finder-inf info package epg-config ido seq ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme
thingatpt browse-url ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-stata-mode ess-stata-lang
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp essd-els ess-sp6-d ess-dde ess-sp3-d
ess-julia julia-mode ert pp find-func ewoc debug ess-r-mode
ess-r-package ess-r-syntax ess-r-completion ess-roxy essddr ess-rd
noutline outline easy-mmode hideshow ess-s-lang ess-help ess ess-mode
ess-noweb-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug compile tramp tramp-compat
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode mail-prsvr
password-cache tramp-loaddefs cl-macs trampver ucs-normalize shell
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice ess-generics cl gv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib ess-custom executable easymenu ess-compat
ess-utils ess-site time-date mule-util cyril-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 501591 23787)
 (symbols 48 48364 1)
 (miscs 40 261 352)
 (strings 32 124966 14441)
 (string-bytes 1 3094860)
 (vectors 16 59098)
 (vector-slots 8 1089256 41639)
 (floats 8 1576 804)
 (intervals 56 3488 0)
 (buffers 976 26))