Subject: Re: bug#34790: LaTeX mode \href bug

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 22:41:09 +0100

Nathan Ullberg <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am sorry if this is the wrong place to report this but:

Hi Nathan,

I presume you're using AUCTeX.  In that case, the correct list is
[email-masked].

> When editing in LaTeX mode in Emacs, if an href link has a percent
> sign, it will display the rest of the line as if it were a comment.
> Everything still "compiles" correctly, but in terms of the "visual
> effect", it is wrong, since percent signs in the link should not give
> the impression of "commenting out" the rest of the line.

Thanks for catching this.  I've added to patch to hyperref.el fixing
this issue[1].  As an intermediate solution, you can add the following
lines to your init file until the next release of AUCTeX:

    (with-eval-after-load "hyperref"
      (add-to-list 'LaTeX-verbatim-macros-with-braces-local "href")
      (font-latex-update-font-lock t))

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/auctex.git/commit/?id=fcaef6bab89e6a629d60f1b43038a2433e34fbd5