Subject: bug#34777: closed (Re: bug#34777: Online package list is 3 weeks stale, but claims recent update)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#34777: Online package list is 3 weeks stale, but claims recent update

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
34777: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=34777
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#34777: Online package list is 3 weeks stale, but claims recent update
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 21:34:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> As I write this, our online package list claims to have been updated 2
> days ago, but in fact the entries I checked are over 3 weeks stale.  The
> main package list page includes the text "(updated March 4, 2019)" near
> the top of the page:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/
>
> However, the entries for "linux-libre" shows the most recent kernel as
> version 4.20.7, although we updated to 4.20.8 on February 13:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/L/page/5/

I believe this is fixed by the update I made a couple of days ago.

Perhaps what happened is that, for the previous update, “haunt build”
ended up using the user’s (gnu packages …) modules that happened to be
in the load path, and those were outdated.

I usually run:

  ~/src/guix/pre-inst-env haunt build

precisely so the web site gets to see the current package set, but it’s
easy to forget that.

An option would be to have the web site get data from an inferior,
perhaps from ~/.config/guix/current, assuming it’s reasonably up to date
(alternately the web site could build the latest Guix from master but
that’d be inconvenient.)

Anyway, closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: Online package list is 3 weeks stale, but claims recent update
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 18:22:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As I write this, our online package list claims to have been updated 2
days ago, but in fact the entries I checked are over 3 weeks stale.  The
main package list page includes the text "(updated March 4, 2019)" near
the top of the page:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/

However, the entries for "linux-libre" shows the most recent kernel as
version 4.20.7, although we updated to 4.20.8 on February 13:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/L/page/5/

The "icecat" entry is also stale.  It shows version 60.5.0-guix1 as the
latest version, although we upgraded to 60.5.1-guix1 on February 15.

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/I/

       Mark