Subject: Re: bug#34776: Acknowledgement (27.0.50; Some questions about choose-completion-string-functions)

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 23:35:47 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> On April 10, 2019 6:29:10 AM GMT+03:00, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> > And it can go to emacs-26 since it's a doc fix.
>> 
>> The RC said Emacs 26.2 was to be released March 27...
>> Part of making a release is for people to stop changing that branch.
>
> Unfortunately, that ship has sailed, since within an hour of RC
> release a new commit was pushed to the release branch, and another one
> a week later, without asking. So now the RC tarball will not be able
> to be renamed anyway, and the rationale for withholding doc changes is
> null and void.
>
> "Best laid plans" and all that.

This sounds like a job for a git hook. I pay fairly close attention to
emacs.devel for someone who isn't an Emacs dev, and apparently I missed
this billboard.